GPHA will hold a special meeting on Tuesday, August 16 at 8:00 AM. Meeting will be via Zoom and at GPHA offices. The meeting agenda will cover Legacy Center 101 & 202, special voucher allocation, and housing development.
Housing Forum Focus on Needs Assessment
North Dakota Housing Finance Agency’s Statewide Housing Forum will feature an overview of the 2020-25 Statewide Housing Needs Assessment followed by panel discussions providing perspective on housing trends and policy solutions to make single and multifamily housing more accessible. Stakeholder sessions to discuss legislative action and other initiatives will round out the event. The forum will be held on Oct. 5 at the Radisson in Bismarck. Learn more at www.ndhfa.org.
Jamestown’s downtown is buzzing with excitement as Eagle Flats is getting closer to completion. MetroPlains Management will be managing the complex. For more information call 701-252-5215 or Eagle Flats Apartments – Jamestown, ND – MetroPlains Management
Stutsman County Extension Service emailed food option information for those qualifying for summer meals.
All children 18 and younger can come get a Grab-n-Go Meal at no cost. (They do not have to stay on site to eat.)
NOW… Parents/Guardians are able to pick up the meals for their youth each day.
FREE Pasta (2 lb. spaghetti) and Rice Krispies are available to pick up, this is for anyone – while supplies last at the Stutsman County Extension Office (pick these up during the Summer Meals Service.”
As clients move to and around our area, it is important to follow certain notices to help maintain assistance levels and contacts.
- Driver’s License / Photo ID
- North Dakota requires new residents to change their driver’s license or ID if the person resides in the state for more than 90 days. Housing clients will need to update their ID to comply with state law. https://www.dot.nd.gov/ or 701-328-2500
- SNAP / Food stamps / Medicaid / TANF / Childcare Assistance
- Clients moving from another state need to transfer their benefits and cases within 30 days or residing in North Dakota. ND Human Service Zones (formerly Social Services) are located across the state. Failure to transfer benefits will result in housing assistance termination. https://www.applyforhelp.nd.gov/ | 701-328-2332
- Heating & Cooling Assistance / Head Start
- Community Action Region 6 offers resources for clients including heating and cooling assistance, head start, financial counseling, food pantry, and other services. www.cap6.com | 701-252-1821
- JobService / Job Seeking / Unemployment
- JobService offers assistance in finding work, unemployment benefits, or ways to upskill to new trades. www.jobsnd.com | 701-253-6200
- Housing assistance
- Great Plains Housing Authority provides Section 8 Housing Assistance in Dickey, Eddy, Foster, Logan, Sargent, Stutsman, and Wells Counties in North Dakota. Clients need to apply. CLIENTS MUST REPORT ALL INCOME AND HOUSEHOLD CHANGES IMMEDIATELY to housing offices or via online document upload. www.greatplainsha.com | 701-252-1098
- FIRST LINK / 211
- Dial 2-1-1 to connect with FirstLink to find more resources across North Dakota
Great Plains Housing Authority will be closed today 2:00 – 4:30 PM, Wednesday, June 22 for training. The office will resume normal hours on Thursday, June 23.