Client reminders

As clients move to and around our area, it is important to follow certain notices to help maintain assistance levels and contacts.

  • Driver’s License / Photo ID
  • North Dakota requires new residents to change their driver’s license or ID if the person resides in the state for more than 90 days.  Housing clients will need to update their ID to comply with state law. or 701-328-2500
  • SNAP / Food stamps / Medicaid / TANF / Childcare Assistance
  • Clients moving from another state need to transfer their benefits and cases within 30 days or residing in North Dakota.  ND Human Service Zones (formerly Social Services) are located across the state.  Failure to transfer benefits will result in housing assistance termination. | 701-328-2332
  • Heating & Cooling Assistance / Head Start
  • Community Action Region 6 offers resources for clients including heating and cooling assistance, head start, financial counseling, food pantry, and other services. | 701-252-1821
  • JobService / Job Seeking / Unemployment
  • JobService offers assistance in finding work, unemployment benefits, or ways to upskill to new trades. | 701-253-6200
  • Housing assistance
  • Great Plains Housing Authority provides Section 8 Housing Assistance in Dickey, Eddy, Foster, Logan, Sargent, Stutsman, and Wells Counties in North Dakota.  Clients need to apply.  CLIENTS MUST REPORT ALL INCOME AND HOUSEHOLD CHANGES IMMEDIATELY to housing offices or via online document upload. | 701-252-1098
  • FIRST LINK / 211
  • Dial 2-1-1 to connect with FirstLink to find more resources across North Dakota