There is a regular DSHA board meeting scheduled for Wednesday, June 14 at 4:00 PM. The meeting is via conference call.
Jamestown-FREE Summer Meals for Youth & Teens
Who can participate:
All children 18 and younger can come and eat at no cost. Youth are invited to join us at any of the Great Plains Food Bank host sites for a healthy meal!
No registration is required. (See details, 2023 Summer Meals Poster)
2023 Summer Meal Menu
There are 13 meal choices available at the extension office site from the Great Plains Food Bank, plus the 5-day meal boxes (4 menu choices). Youth or parent/guardian can pick up their meal(s) from one of the Jamestown host sites. They can take their meals as a grab-and-go. (Note: Meals will vary at each host site.)
- You may pick up more than one-day’s worth of meals, up to 7 days only. (Then return the following week, if possible on the same day).
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form: If you are picking up food for your youth, this form will need to be filled out at that host site (only-one time) and will be kept on file. (The form that is attached has the information for the Extension Host Site, if you go to another host site you will need to fill out their form.)
- Stutsman County Extension Host Site will only have meal service available three-days a week… Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 12:00-1:00 PM.
- At the Extension office, service will start Wednesday, May 31st and will end on August 23rd.
- All meals must be served with a Milk, but you can choose to share the milk back and put on the share table for others.
- Youth and Parents may enter through the Stutsman County Library south side doors or the main entrance to the NDSU Extension/Stutsman County office (south side).
GPHA closed – May 29
Great Plains Housing Authority offices will be closed on Monday, May 29, 2023 for the Memorial Day holiday. GPHA offices will resume normal operations on Tuesday, May 30 at 8:30 AM.
GPHA board meeting May 16
North Dakota funding sources for housing
There are different housing funding sources available that are available. I would like to point out that USDA Rural Development and Bank of ND Flex PACE for Housing are often overlooked. These funds can provide critical housing rehabilitation and some funding sources particularly in our non-metro areas. Please take the time to review how these programs can improve your communities vitality.
USDA Info: https://www.rd.usda.gov/files/RD_ProgramMatrix.pdf.
Bank of ND: Flex PACE for Affordable Housing – Bank of North Dakota (nd.gov)
North Dakota Housing and Finance: Housing Incentive Fund – ND Housing (ndhfa.org)
Eagle Flats open house
There is an open house at Eagle Flats tomorrow – Wednesday, May 3 at 2:00 PM. Please stop over and tour the building and visit with the management and other groups. There are still some 3 bedroom units available. If you know of families that need a three bedroom, please refer them to Eagle Flats at 701-368-1174 or stop at the open house. MetroPlains, Community Options, and Great Plains Housing will be available during the open house.
RSVP: Eagle Flats Grand Opening Celebration – May 3rd Survey (surveymonkey.com)
Location: Eagle Flats, 211 2nd Ave SW, Jamestown, ND 58401
ND Rent Help ending
News article from Valley News Live – North Dakota DHHS ending the pandemic era ND Rent Help program.
Security deposit program ending June 30
Great Plains Housing Authority will end the Security Deposit Assistance fund effective June 30, 2023. The grant is no longer sustainable with current funding sources. Voucher holders should find a unit prior to June 30 to qualify for existing funds.
GPHA offices closed April 25 & 26
Great Plains Housing Authority will be closed Tuesday, April 25 and Wednesday, April 26 for training. Please contact our office via email at email@example.com, leave a message at 701-252-1098, apply online or upload documents at www.greatplainsha.com.
GPHA apologizes for any inconvenience. Our offices will resume normal office operations on Thursday, April 27 at 8:30 AM.
Mobile food pantry
Trucks carrying fresh vegetables, bakery items, boxed goods and other items will be making stops in Valley City and Jamestown on Tuesday, April 18, as part of the Great Plains Food Bank’s mobile food pantry.
All in need of food assistance are welcome to attend and receive food at no cost.
On Tuesday, the mobile food pantry will be in the parking lot of Epworth United Methodist Church, 680 8th Ave. SW, in Valley City from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. and at Jamestown High School, 1509 10th St. NE, from 5 to 6:15 p.m.